- Type 1 Diabetes can strike at any age but is most commonly found in children and young adults.
- To stay alive patients diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes have to take multiple insulin shots or receive insulin continuously though a pump every day. They also have to prick their fingers multiple times a day to check blood sugar levels.
- Diabetes can have devastating effects including, blindness, kidney failure, nerve damage, strokes, heart attacks, and more.
- As many as 3 million Americans have Type 1 Diabetes
- Approximately 80 people a day in the United States are diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, Half of those people being children.
- THERE IS STILL NO CURE!!
HOW YOU CAN HELP THE CAUSE
- Buy the brand new Pura Vida JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) “No Sugar Added” Bracelet! Part of the proceeds goes towards the Research to help find a cure.
- Find a Walk or Ride to Cure Diabetes near you!
- You can also purchase Greeting cards or other JDRF merchandise.
- Visit www.jdrf.org for more information and more ways to help!
LETS JOIN TOGETHER TO FIND A CURE TO END DIABETES!